Dealer #: 3443
THE FUTURE OF TWO-WHEELED TRANSPORTATION IS AVAILABLE FROM
Pre-Orders for the Harley-Davidson LiveWire are Now Available From
Milwaukee, WI (January 7, 2019) –Harley-Davidson, the company that has defined the motorcycle industry for the past 115 years, today revealed its next generation of two-wheeled transportation at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas. LiveWire™, Harley-Davidson’s first electric motorcycle, and the first North American mass-market cellular-connected motorcycle, is now available for pre-order at h-d.com/LiveWire with deliveries expected this Fall.
LiveWire™ represents the future of Harley-Davidson, bringing high-performance electric propulsion, evocative design, and cellular connectivity to today’s rider. The first of a new portfolio of motorcycles that provides an all new two-wheel experience, LiveWire™ delivers thrilling acceleration, nimble agile handling, premium materials and finishes, and a full suite of electronic rider aids and interfaces for a completely connected experience.
Northwest Harley-Davidson® is excited to announce that we are a participating Harley-Davidson Authorized LiveWire™ Dealer and are now accepting pre-orders for the 2020 Harley-Davidson Livewire™. Wesee electric motorcycles as a crucial part in expanding the sport of motorcycling, and as an exhilarating and new way to experience two-wheels. We will be accommodating the LiveWire™ with DC Fast Chargers on-site, premier service, and staff expertise in order to accommodate questions, community, and customers.
To Pre-Order a 2020 LiveWire™, you can visit us at Northwest Harley-Davidson, pre-order online at H-D.com/Livewire. Motorcycle deliveries are estimated to begin this Fall. Pre-orders do not guarantee a motorcycle but do reserve an allotted model.
An all-new Riding Experience with Iconic Harley-Davidson Power
Accessible to new motorcyclists and a thrill for accomplished riders, LiveWire™ is the perfect combination of power, performance and technology. Features include:
- Amazing acceleration: from 0 to 60 mph in under 3.5 seconds. The instant torque provided by the electric motor can produce 100 percent of its rated torque the instant the throttle is twisted, and 100 percent of that torque is always available.
- Twist-and-Go Ease of Use: Electric power requires no clutch and no gear shifting, greatly simplifying operation for new riders. All riders will appreciate the braking effect of the power regeneration mode as it adds charge to the battery, especially in stop-and-go urban traffic.
- H-D™ Connect Service: The LiveWire™ motorcycle is equipped with H-D™ Connect service, the result of its collaboration with Panasonic Automotive. H-D™ Connect pairs motorcycle riders with their bikes through an LTE-enabled Telematics Control Unit coupled with connectivity and cloud services using the latest version of the Harley-Davidson App. With H-D™ Connect, data is collected and transferred to the app to provide information to the rider’s smartphone about:
- Motorcycle status: Information available through H-D™ Connect includes battery charge status and available range from any location where sufficient cellular signal is available. This allows the rider to remotely check the charge status including charge level and time to completion. A charge station location finder is integrated into the H-D App.
- Tamper alerts and vehicle location: Through the H-D App, H-D™ Connect indicates the location of the parked LiveWire™ and alerts can be sent to the rider’s smartphone if the bike is bumped, tampered with or moved. GPS-enabled stolen-vehicle tracking provides peace of mind that the motorcycle’s location can be tracked (Requires law enforcement assistance. Available in select markets).
- Service reminders and notifications: Reminders about upcoming vehicle service requirements and other vehicle care notifications will be provided to the rider through the H-D App. In addition, riders will receive automated service reminders.
- Performance and range optimized for the urban street-rider: with the ability to travel an estimated 110 miles of urban roads on a single charge.
- Handling and control: the LiveWire™ motorcycle chassis is designed to deliver nimble, agile handling for confident control on urban streets and a thrilling ride on curving backroads. The motor sits low in the motorcycle to lower the center of gravity and help the motorcycle handle well at all speeds and make it easier to control when stopped. Standard ABS, traction control and programmable ride modes also enhance the riding experience.
- Distinctive Harley-Davidson sound, minimal vibration: LiveWire™ features an electric powertrain that produces minimal vibration, very little heat, and minimal noise, all of which enhance rider comfort. The LiveWire™ model is designed to produce a new signature Harley-Davidson sound as it accelerates and gains speed; this new futuristic sound represents the smooth, electric power of the LiveWire™ motorcycle.
From Project LiveWire™ to LiveWire™
The vision behind the production LiveWire™ motorcycle began with Project LiveWire, revealed as a prototype in 2014. Through a traveling demo program, Project LiveWire gave potential customers the opportunity to provide feedback on what they would want from a true Harley-Davidson electric motorcycle and shape the evolution of the motorcycle in keeping with the Motor Company’s customer-led approach. The response was very enthusiastic – and the production LiveWire™ incorporates knowledge gained from the development of the prototypes, feedback from customer demos, further design progress at Harley-Davidson and the latest advanced technology.
About Harley-Davidson Motor Company
Harley-Davidson, Inc. is the parent company of Harley-Davidson Motor Company and Harley-Davidson Financial Services. Since 1903, Harley-Davidson Motor Company has fulfilled dreams of personal freedom with custom, cruiser and touring motorcycles, riding experiences and events and a complete line of Harley-Davidson motorcycle parts, accessories, general merchandise, riding gear and apparel. Harley-Davidson Financial Services provides wholesale and retail financing, insurance, extended service and other protection plans and credit card programs to Harley-Davidson dealers and riders in the U.S., Canada and other select international markets. For more information, visit Harley-Davidson's Web site at www.harley-davidson.com.