8000 FREEDOM LN NE
You’re the type to help save lives.
Every two seconds in the United States, someone needs blood. No matter who you are, you can help. Here are what types of blood we most urgently need right now.
Who can donate?
- Anyone who is in good health, at least 18 years old, and weighs at least 110 pounds may donate whole blood every 56 days.
- 16 or 17-year-olds who weigh at least 114 pounds may donate with a Bloodworks Northwest permission slip signed by a parent or guardian at a BloodworksNW donor center.
- First time 16 or 17-year-old male donors who weigh at least 114 pounds and First time 16 or 17-year-old female donors who weigh at least 125 pounds may donate with a Bloodworks Northwest permission slip signed by a parent or guardian at a mobile blood drive; this is to improve our young first-time donors’ experience, and minimize chances of vasovagal reaction.
- Oregon: Minors donating in Oregon do not require a Bloodworks permission form, unless requested by the donor groups.
Questions regarding blood or apheresis donations, call: 800-398-7888.
Questions About Eligibility
Some health conditions or medications may temporarily or permanently prevent persons from donating blood.
If you have a question regarding your eligibility to donate blood and would like to discuss it with someone:
- Email email@example.com -OR-
- Call 1-800-366-2831, extension 2543
RESERVE YOUR SPOTBack to previous page